Carmel Valley is an affluent planned community in the northwestern corner of San Diego. The community is composed of commercial offices, residential units, hotels, and retail stores and restaurants. The community was formed by the City of San Diego on February 1, 1975. The construction later began in 1983. The name Carmel Valley comes from the Carmelite Sisters of Mercy, who established a dairy farm and monastery in the area circa 1905. Although the area was known locally as Carmel Valley, in 1974 the area was given the institutional name North City West in the master plan. The name Carmel Valley was readopted in the early 1990s.
Listing information provided courtesy of the San Diego MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Updated: 24th April, 2019 8:06 AM.